1 . What is the purpose of the passive-interface command?
allows interfaces to share IP addresses
allows an interface to remain up without receiving keepalives
allows a router to send routing updates on an interface but not receive updates via that innterface
allows a routing protocol to forward updates out an interface that is missing its IP address
allows a router to receive routing updates on an interface but not send updates via that interface*
2. What two tasks do dynamic routing protocols perform? (Choose two.)
assign IP addressing
propagate host default gateways
update and maintain routing tables*
3. Fill in the blank. Do not abbreviate the answer.
The command “version 2” is used in RIP router configuration mode to enable the sending of subnet masks with the routing updates.
4. Refer to the exhibit. OSPF is used in the network. Which path will be chosen by OSPF to send data packets from Net A to Net B?
R1, R3, R5, R7*
R1, R4, R6, R7
R1, R2, R5, R7
R1, R3, R6, R7
R1, R3, R5, R6, R7
5. Which two statements are true regarding classless routing protocols? (Choose two.)
is supported by RIP version 1
allows for use of both 192.168.1.0/30 and 192.168.1.16/28 subnets in the same topology*
sends subnet mask information in routing updates*
reduces the amount of address space available in an organization
sends complete routing table update to all neighbors
6. What two actions result from entering the network 192.168.1.0 command in RIP configuration mode on a router? (Choose two.)
The neighboring routers are sent a request for routing updates.
The routing table is created in the RAM of the router.
Routing updates are sent through all the interfaces belonging to 192.168.1.0.*
The RIP process is stopped and all existing RIP configurations are erased.
The network address 192.168.1.0 is advertised to the neighbor routers.*
7. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the partial output from the show ip route command, what two facts can be determined about the RIP routing protocol? (Choose two.)
The command no auto-summary has been used on the RIP neighbor router.*
RIP version 1 is running on this router and its RIP neighbor.
RIP will advertise two networks to its neighbor.
The metric to the network 172.16.0.0 is 120.
RIP version 2 is running on this router and its RIP neighbor.*
9. In the context of routing protocols, what is a definition for time to convergence?
the capability to transport data, video, and voice over the same media
the amount of time for the routing tables to achieve a consistent state after a topology change*
a measure of protocol configuration complexity
the amount of time a network administrator needs to configure a routing protocol in a small- to medium-sized network
10. Fill in the blank. Do not abbreviate.
When configuring RIPng, the ” default-information originate ” command instructs the router to propagate a static default route.
11. A destination route in the routing table is indicated with a code D. Which kind of route entry is this?
a route dynamically learned through the EIGRP routing protocol*
a route used as the default gateway
a network directly connected to a router interface
a static route
12. Refer to the exhibit. Which interface will be the exit interface to forward a data packet with the destination IP address 172.16.0.66?
13. Which route is the best match for a packet entering a router with a destination address of 10.16.0.2?
S 10.16.0.0/16 is directly connected, Ethernet 0/1
S 10.16.0.0/24 [1/0] via 192.168.0.9*
S 10.0.0.0/8 [1/0] via 192.168.0.2
S 10.0.0.0/16 is directly connected, Ethernet 0/0
14. Which two requirements are necessary before a router configured with a link-state routing protocol can build and send its link-state packets? (Choose two.)
The router has determined the costs associated with its active links.*
The router has constructed an SPF tree.
The router has established its adjacencies.*
The routing table has been refreshed.
The router has built its link-state database.
15. Which two requirements are used to determine if a route can be considered as an ultimate route in a router’s routing table? (Choose two.)
contain a next-hop IP address*
be a classful network entry
be a default route
contain an exit interface*
16. What is different between IPv6 routing table entries compared to IPv4 routing table entries?
By design IPv6 is classless so all routes are effectively level 1 ultimate routes.*
IPv6 does not use static routes to populate the routing table as used in IPv4.
IPv6 routing tables include local route entries which IPv4 routing tables do not.
The selection of IPv6 routes is based on the shortest matching prefix, unlike IPv4 route selection which is based on the longest matching prefix.
17. Which dynamic routing protocol was developed as an exterior gateway protocol to interconnect different Internet providers?
18. Which route will a router use to forward an IPv4 packet after examining its routing table for the best match with the destination address?
a level 1 child route
a level 1 parent route
a level 2 supernet route
a level 1 ultimate route*
19. Which two statements describe the OSPF routing protocol? (Choose two.)
used primarily as an EGP
has an administrative distance of 100
calculates its metric using bandwidth*
automatically summarizes networks at the classful boundaries
uses Dijkstra’s algorithm to build the SPF tree*
20. Which two events will trigger the sending of a link-state packet by a link-state routing protocol? (Choose two.)
the requirement to periodically flood link-state packets to all neighbors
a change in the topology*
the initial startup of the routing protocol process*
the router update timer expiring
a link to a neighbor router has become congested
21. Place the options in the following order:
[+] typically used on stub networks
[+] less routing overhead
[#] new networks are added automatically to the routing table
[#] best choice for large networks
[+] Order does not matter within this group.
[#] Order does not matter within this group.
22. Place the options in the following order:
[+] event-driven updates
[+] building a topological map
[+] fast convergence
[#] bandwidth consumption
[#] memory usage
[#] CPU processing time
[+] Order does not matter within this group.
[#] Order does not matter within this group.
New questions: Sunday 06, September 2015
23. $$ R3# configure terminal
$$ R3 (config)# interface gigabitEthernet 0/0
$$ R3 (config-if) ipv6 address 2001:db8:cafe:3::100/64
$$ R3 (config-if) ipv6 rip RIP-AS enable
$$ % IPv6 routing not enabled
$$ R3 (config-if)
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has issued the exhibited commands in an attempt to activate RIPng on interface gig0/0. What is causing the console message that is shown after RIP is enabled?
IPv6 unicast routing has not been enabled on this router.***
Interface gig0/0 does not have a valid IPv6 address.
IPv6 is not supported on this IOS.
Interface gig0/0 is shutdown.
24. Which type of route will require a router to perform a recursive lookup?
a level 2 child route that is using an exit interface on a router that is not using CEF
a level 1 network route that is using a next hop IP address on a router that is using CEF
a parent route on a router that is using CEF
an ultimate route that is using a next hop IP address on a router that is not using CEF***
25. After a network topology change occurs, which distance vector routing protocol can send an update message directly to a single neighboring router without unnecessarily notifying other routers?
26. An OSPF enabled router is processing learned routes to select best paths to reach a destination network. What is the OSPF algorithm evaluating as the metric?
The amount of traffic and probability of failure of links.
The number of hops along the routing path.
The amount of packet delivery time and slowest bandwidth.
The cumulative bandwidth that is used along the routing path.***
27. What is a disadvantage of using dynamic routing protocols?
They require administrator intervention when the pathway of traffic changes.
They are only suitable for simple topologies.
Their configuration complexity increases as the size of the network grows.
They send messages about network status insecurely across networks by default.***
28. While configuring RIPv2 on an enterprise network, an engineer enters the command network 192.168.10.0 into router configuration mode. What is the result of entering this command?
The interface of the 192.168.10.0 network is sending RIP hello messages.
The interface of the 192.168.10.0 network is sending version 1 and version 2 updates.
The interface of the 192.168.10.0 network is sending only version 2 updates.***
The interface of the 192.168.10.0 network is receiving version 1 and version 2 updates.
29. Which routing protocol uses link-state information to build a map of the topology for computing the best path to each destination network?
30. A router is configured to participate in multiple routing protocol: RIP, EIGRP, and OSPF. The router must send a packet to network 192.168.14.0. Which route will be used to forward the traffic?
a 192.168.14.0 /26 route that is learned via RIP***
a 192.168.14.0 /24 route that is learned via EIGRP
a 192.168.14.0 /25 route that is learned via OSPF
a 192.168.14.0 /25 route that is learned via RIP
31. When does a link-state router send LSPs to its neighbors?
only when one of its neighbors requests an update
immediately after receiving an LSP from neighbors with updates***
every 30 seconds
only when one of its interfaces goes up or down