1. A network administrator is tasked with maintaining two remote locations in the same city. Both locations use the same service provider and have the same service plan for DSL service. When comparing download rates, it is noticed that the location on the East side of town has a faster download rate than the location on the West side of town. How can this be explained?
The West side has a high volume of POTS traffic.
The West side of town is downloading larger packets.
The service provider is closer to the location on the East side.
More clients share a connection to the DSLAM on the West side.
2. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator creates a standard access control list to prohibit traffic from the 192.168.1.0/24 network from reaching the 192.168.2.0/24 network while still permitting Internet access for all networks. On which router interface and in which direction should it be applied?
interface Fa0/0, inbound
interface Fa0/0, outbound
interface Fa0/1, inbound
interface Fa0/1, outbound
3. Which Frame Relay flow control mechanism is used to signal routers that they should reduce the flow rate of frames?
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is attempting to configure a Frame Relay network. The administrator enters the commands as shown in the exhibit on R2, but the Frame Relay PVCs are inactive. What is the problem?
The incorrect DLCI numbers are being configured on R2.
The S0/0/0 interface on R2 needs to be point-to-point.
The frame-relay map commands are missing the cisco keyword at the end.
A single router interface cannot connect to more than one Frame Relay peer at a time.
5. What are two main VPN components that protect data from eavesdropping? (Choose two.)
6. Refer to the exhibit. Communication between two peers has failed. Based on the output that is shown, what is the most likely cause?
improper LMI type
PPP negotiation failure
7. Refer to the exhibit. Router1 is not able to communicate with its peer that is connected to this interface. Based on the output as shown, what is the most likely cause?
improper LMI type
PPP negotiation failure
Refer to the exhibit. Results of the show vlan and show vtp status commands for switches S1 and S2 are displayed in the exhibit. VLAN 11 was created on S1. Why is VLAN 11 missing from S2?
There is a Layer 2 loop.
The VTP domain names do not match.
Only one switch can be in server mode.
S2 has a higher spanning-tree priority for VLAN 11 than S1 does.
9. Refer to the exhibit. A technician issues the show interface s0/0/0 command on R1 while troubleshooting a network problem. What two conclusions can be determined by from the output shown? (Choose two.)
The bandwidth has been set to the value of a T1 line.
This interface should be configured for PPP encapsulation.
There is no failure indicated in an OSI Layer 1 or Layer 2.
The physical connection between the two routers has failed.
The IP address of S0/0/0 is invalid, given the subnet mask being used.
10. Which option correctly defines the capacity through the local loop guaranteed to a customer by the service provider?
11. What are three attributes of a security policy? (Choose three.)
It provides step-by-step procedures to harden routers and other network devices.
It defines acceptable and unacceptable use of network resources.
It focuses primarily on attacks from outside of the organization.
It defines a process for managing security violations.
It should not need to be altered once implemented.
It creates a basis for legal action if necessary.
12. Refer to the exhibit. Which configuration command would result in the output in the exhibit?
ip nat inside source static 10.1.200.254 172.16.76.3
ip nat inside source static 10.1.200.254 192.168.0.10
ip nat inside source static 172.16.76.3 10.1.200.254
ip nat inside source static 172.16.76.3 192.168.0.10
ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.10 172.16.76.3
ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.10 10.1.200.254
13. Refer to the exhibit. An ACL called Managers already exists on this router. What happens if the network administrator issues the commands as shown in the exhibit?
The commands are added to the end of the existing ACL.
The existing Managers ACL will be overwritten by the new ACL.
The router will output an error message and no changes will be made.
A duplicate Managers ACL will be created that will contain only the new commands.
14. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has issued the commands that are shown on Router1 and Router2. A later review of the routing tables reveals that neither router is learning the LAN network of the neighbor router. What is most likely the problem with the RIPng configuration?
The serial interfaces are in different subnets.
The RIPng process is not enabled on interfaces.
The RIPng processes do not match between Router1 and Router2.
The RIPng network command is missing from the IPv6 RIP configuration.
15. While configuring a router using RIPng and dual-stack technology with IPv4 and IPv6, the administrator receives an error message when inputting IPv4 routes. What could cause the error message?
IPv4 is not compatible with RIPng
RIPng is incompatible with dual-stack technology.
The router interfaces have been configured with incorrect addresses.
When IPv4 and IPv6 are configured on the same interface, all IPv4 addresses are shut down in favor of the newer technology.
16. Refer to the exhibit. A technician is teaching a trainee to interpret the results of various Frame Relay troubleshooting commands. What conclusion can be drawn from the output that is shown?
Neighboring routers should use DLCI 177 to reach the Branch router.
DLCI 177 will be used to identify all broadcasts that are sent out the Branch router.
The Branch router has the address 192.168.3.1 configured for the S0/0/0 interface.
To reach 192.168.3.1, the Branch router will use the virtual circuit that is identified by DLCI 177.
17. Which statement about a VPN is true?
VPN link establishment and maintenance is provided by LCP.
DLCI addresses are used to identify each end of the VPN tunnel.
VPNs use virtual Layer 3 connections that are routed through the Internet.
Only IP packets can be encapsulated by a VPN for tunneling through the Internet.
18. Refer to the exhibit. R1 is performing NAT overload for the 10.1.1.0/24 inside network. Host A has sent a packet to Web Server. What is the destination IP address of the return packet from Web Server when received at R1?
19. What will be the result of adding the command ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.4.1 10.10.4.5 to the configuration of a local router that has been configured as a DHCP server?
Traffic that is destined for 10.10.4.1 and 10.10.4.5 will be dropped by the router.
Traffic will not be routed from clients with addresses between 10.10.4.1 and 10.10.4.5.
The DHCP server will not issue the addresses ranging from 10.10.4.1 to 10.10.4.5.
The router will ignore all traffic that comes from the DHCP servers with addresses 10.10.4.1 and 10.10.4.5.
20. Refer to the exhibit. Which data transmission technology is being represented?
21. Which three guidelines would help contribute to creating a strong password policy? (Choose three.)
Once a good password is created, do not change it.
Deliberately misspell words when creating passwords.
Create passwords that are at least 8 characters in length.
Use combinations of upper case, lower case, and special characters.
Write passwords in locations that can be easily retrieved to avoid being locked out.
Use long words found in the dictionary to make passwords that are easy to remember.
Refer to the exhibit. Based on the output as shown, which two statements correctly define how the router will treat Telnet traffic that comes into interface FastEthernet 0/1? (Choose two).
Telnet to 172.16.10.0/24 is denied.
Telnet to 172.16.20.0/24 is denied.
Telnet to 172.16.0.0/24 is permitted.
Telnet to 172.16.10.0/24 is permitted.
Telnet to 172.16.20.0/24 is permitted.
23. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is considering updating the IOS on Router1. What version of IOS is currently installed on Router1?
24. Which additional functionality is available on an interface when the encapsulation is changed from HDLC to PPP?
25. When Frame Relay encapsulation is used, what feature provides flow control and exchanges information about the status of virtual circuits?
26. What course of action will ensure data confidentiality?
Protect data from eavesdropping.
Guarantee that no alterations are made to the data.
Ensure that only authorized users may save the data.
Prevent unauthorized users from logging into the data network.
27. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is tasked with completing the Frame Relay topology that interconnects two remote sites. How should the point-to-point subinterfaces be configured on HQ to complete the topology?
frame-relay interface-dlci 103 on Serial 0/0/0.1
frame-relay interface-dlci 203 on Serial 0/0/0.2
frame-relay interface-dlci 301 on Serial 0/0/0.1
frame-relay interface-dlci 302 on Serial 0/0/0.2
frame-relay map ip 192.168.1.1 103 broadcast on Serial 0/0/0.1
frame-relay map ip 192.168.2.2 203 broadcast on Serial 0/0/0.2
frame-relay map ip 192.168.1.1 301 broadcast on Serial 0/0/0.1
frame-relay map ip 192.168.2.2 302 broadcast on Serial 0/0/0.2
28. A network administrator is working with an applications team to fix a problem that a server based application is having with response time. The administrator has examined the network portions of the data path and identified several possible problem areas. The applications team has simultaneously identified potential issues with the current release of software. The network administrator begins addressing the network issues while the applications team implements software patches.
Which statement applies to this situation?
Changes to the network will reveal problems that are caused by the new patches.
Scheduling will be more difficult if the network and software teams work independently.
It will be difficult to isolate the problem if two teams are implementing changes independently.
Results from changes will be easier to reconcile and document if each team works in isolation.
29. Refer to the exhibit. From the output of the show interfaces commands, at which OSI layer is a fault indicated?
30. A network administrator boots into ROM monitor mode while attempting to recover a lost router password. Which next step will allow password recovery with the least amount of disruption to the network?
Delete the startup configuration file.
Reinstall the IOS from a TFTP server.
Change the configuration register to bypass the startup configuration file.
Use the show running-configuration command to view the password in plain text.
31. Why is serial communication preferred over parallel communication for long distance WAN links?
Serial cables contain a single wire, resulting in faster transmission speeds.
Serial cables can take advantage of clock skew to increase the rate of transmission.
Parallel cables are more susceptible to crosstalk, resulting in more retransmissions.
Parallel cables send a single bit at a time making them slower than serial cables.
32. Refer to the exhibit. Which option displays the correct ACL that would need to be applied inbound on the S0/0/0 interface on R2 in order to permit any type of network traffic and block all FTP traffic coming from hosts on the 172.16.10.0/24 network going to the Internet
Refer to the exhibit. Why are the routers unable to establish a PPP session?
Interface serial 0/0/0 on CTRL must connect to interface serial 0/0/1 on BR_1.
The CHAP passwords must be different on the two routers.
The clock rate is configured on the wrong end of the link.
The IP addresses are on different subnets.
The usernames are misconfigured.
34. A system administrator must provide Internet connectivity for ten hosts in a small remote office. The ISP has assigned two public IP addresses to this remote office. How can the system administrator configure the router to provide Internet access to all ten users at the same time?
Configure DHCP and static NAT.
Configure dynamic NAT for ten users.
Configure static NAT for all ten users.
Configure dynamic NAT with overload.
35. What is the function of an intrusion detection system on a network?
to restrict access to only authorized users
to detect attacks against a network and send logs to a management console
to prevents attack against the network and provide active defense mechanisms
to detect and prevent most viruses and many Trojan horse applications from spreading in the network
36. Which combination of authentication and Layer 2 protocol should be used to establish a link between a Cisco and a non-Cisco router without sending authentication information in plain text?
CHAP and HDLC
CHAP and PPP
PAP and HDLC
PAP and PPP
37. Which variable is permitted or denied by a standard access control list?
source IP address
source MAC address
destination IP address
destination MAC address
38. Refer to the exhibit. What is placed in the address field in the header of a frame that will travel from the Orlando router to the DC router?
MAC address of the DC router
39. Which statement is true about wildcard masks?
Inverting the subnet mask will always create the wildcard mask.
The wildcard mask performs the same function as a subnet mask.
A network or subnet bit is identified by a “1″ in the wildcard mask.
IP address bits that must be checked are identified by a “0″ in the wildcard mask.
40. Refer to the exhibit. All devices are configured as shown in the exhibit. PC1 is unable to ping the default gateway. What is the cause of the problem?
The default gateway is in the wrong subnet.
STP has blocked the port that PC1 is connected to.
Port Fa0/2 on S2 is assigned to the wrong VLAN.
S2 has the wrong IP address assigned to the VLAN30 interface.
41. What are two major characteristics of a worm? (Choose two.)
exploits known vulnerabilities
attaches itself to another program
executed by a predefined time or event
masquerades as an accepted program
copies itself to the host and selects new targets
42. An administrator is unable to receive e-mail. While troubleshooting the problem, the administrator is able to ping the local mail server IP address successfully from a remote network and can successfully resolve the mail server name to an IP address via the use of the nslookup command. At what OSI layer is the problem most likely to be found?
data link layer
43. A technician has been asked to run the Cisco SDM one-step lockdown on a customer router. What will be the result of this process?
It will guarantee that the network is secure.
It will implement all security configurations that Cisco AutoSecure offers.
It will automatically apply all recommended security-related configuration changes.
It will guarantee that all traffic is quarantined and checked for viruses before being forwarded.
44. A network administrator is instructing a technician on best practices for applying ACLs. Which two suggestions should the administrator provide? (Choose two.)
Named ACLs are less efficient than numbered ACLs.
Standard ACLs should be applied inside the core layer.
Place standard ACLs as close to the destination as possible.
ACLs applied to outbound interfaces require fewer router resources.
Extended ACLs should be applied closest to the source that is specified by the ACL.
45. What does an access control list determine when used with NAT on a Cisco router?
addresses that are to be translated
addresses that are assigned to a NAT pool
addresses that are allowed out of the router
addresses that are accessible from the inside network
46. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement correctly describes how Router1 processes an FTP request that enters interface s0/0/0 and is destined for an FTP server at IP address 192.168.1.5?
The router matches the incoming packet to the statement that was created by the access-list 201 deny icmp 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 any command, continues comparing the packet to the remaining statements in ACL 201 to ensure that no subsequent statements allow FTP, and then the router drops the packet.
The router reaches the end of ACL 101 without matching a condition and drops the packet because there is no statement that was created by the access-list 101 permit ip any any command.
The router matches the incoming packet to the statement that was created by the access-list 101 permit ip any 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 command and allows the packet into the router.
It matches the incoming packet to the statement that was created by the access-list 201 permit ip any any command and allows the packet into the router.
47. Refer to the exhibit. RIPv2 has been configured on all routers in the network. Routers R1 and R3 have not received any RIP routing updates. What will fix the issue?
Enable RIP authentication on R2.
Issue the ip directed-broadcast command on R2.
Change the subnet masks to 10.11.12.0/8 and 172.16.40.0/16 on R2.
Enable CDP on R2 so that the other routers will receive routing updates.
48. Which encapsulation protocol when deployed on a Cisco router over a serial interface is only compatible with another Cisco router?
49. At what physical location does the responsibilty for a WAN connection change from the user to the service provider?
demilitarized zone (DMZ)
50. An administrator issues the command confreg 0×2142 at the rommon 1> prompt. What is the effect when this router is rebooted?
Contents in RAM will be erased.
Contents in RAM will be ignored.
Contents in NVRAM will be erased.
Contents in NVRAM will be ignored.
51. A technician is editing and reapplying ACL 115 to a router, what is the result of adding the command access-list 115 permit tcp any 172.16.0.0 0.0.255.255 established to the ACL when it is reapplied to the router?
All traffic that comes from 172.16.0.0/16 will be allowed.
All TCP traffic that is destined for 172.16.0.0/16 is permitted.
Any SYN packets that are sent to 172.16.0.0/16 will be permitted.
Responses to traffic that originates from the 172.16.0.0/16 network are allowed.
52. A network administrator has changed the VLAN configurations on his network switches over the past weekend. How can the administrator determine if the additions and changes improved performance and availability on the company intranet?
Conduct a performance test and compare with the baseline that was established previously.
Interview departmental secretaries and determine if they think load time for web pages has improved.
Determine performance on the intranet by monitoring load times of company web pages from remote sites.
Compare the hit counts on the company web server for the current week to the values that were recorded in previous weeks.